Format: Held 2 times per week in small groups of 6 – 10 students.
Application: The course is designed for a variety of user options including artists who want to record on their own without the need of an audio engineer, DIY musicians, home recording enthusiasts, or those who want to earn income recording other bands.
Class length: Each class is 2 hours in length conducted mainly in a “hands on” fashion from instructor to student. Live recording of artists will be a full day in length.
Duration: The program design is approximately 6 months in duration, consisting of 104 hours of classroom instruction and at least 4 live recording sessions, each totaling 10 hours.
Students must have the following supplies in order enroll in the recording classes:
- Laptop computer capable of supporting audio required audio software.
- Pro Tools version 9 or higher.
- Audio interface such as Avid M-box or similar models.
- Midi device for digital music composition.
- Required textbooks selected by the instructor consisting of 1 required for Pro Tools usage, plus up to 2 optional recording technique textbooks.
Cost: Rates are $30 per classroom hour, recording full day sessions are $75 per day, thus the total cost of the program is approximately $3,500 for classes and needed materials.
Engineers: Our program can be modified to train students exclusively wishing to become audio engineers as well. The presentation of material is accelerated, classes are extended in length, an additional recording techniques are introduced of a more advanced nature for this program.